Thursday, September 27, 2012

Some comments any old how

-The rocks I have found are small and fit in my hand. They fit in my pocket and there is, most of the time, a rock of the day. I put it in my pocket, turn it during the day, pull it out and look at it several times. It's a companion and I am led to believe that these rocks were companions too.
- The images are many times not visible at first sight- they are on the side or hidden or very small.
- Some rocks stand by themselves. At first I thought they were meant to be on a ledge somewhere...I don't know now.
- A couple show a turned neck, a movement. There is nothing stiff about that design.


- Several faces on one little stone. The most I counted was 14. The thought came by that this could be a game, let's see who can carve the most images on a little stone or a game of guess what it is/ guess what's next.
- The light is most important. In one light, oh! this is amazing! in another, where is it?
- A tree at 6 am is different than a tree at 6 pm even though we know it is the same tree. Maybe in the same way, a rock was seen as different or having a life of its own because of the different angles of light throughout the day.    
- Sometimes, a color, a texture, a certain marking on the rock is used in the image. Not always.
- For the longest time, I struggled with the idea of such artwork being done with rough tools. I am reconciled with the idea of very small tools, little rocks which have a sharp point. At least this is the possiblity of the moment.             

4 comments:

  1. I
    ƙɳξщ
    I
    щąﯼℯא’ɬ
    ƙƦązצ

    ●›ƒ~
    `●›

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I was concerned at some point that my family thought I was crazy! Not now.

      Delete
  2. I kept seeing different face of all kinds & all animals, at all angles...so very kooll. My family thinks I'm nuts..Also, don't know if some have/are carvings & that's what brought me here.So glad I found this page & info! Thx so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it. Did you check the other websites mentioned on the home page? Could you send me some pictures of what you found?

      Delete