Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Off her rocker!

" Off her rocker!"I can hear it as well as "Dismiss, dismiss, dismiss!". It is a hard choice for me to post because posting about very little rocks which could have some sort of carving on them is becoming more and more unbelievable and the chance of finding someone in the archaeological field patient and curious enough to come and see what I have found becomes slimmer and slimmer. This was the choice I was faced with: to see and deny or to see and accept. I chose the second one.I am still accepting begrudgingly, shuffling my feet, thinking " This shouldn't be!". This morning I examined a sample of little rocks on my kitchen table and sorted them. On the bottom right corner are little rocks with a tiny eye, a tiny cut for a mouth. They are all different. On one of them I found 3 portraits following each other interlocked in the same fashion I had seen on larger rocks. There is also a pecked one, with rows of pecks, something I had never seen. Small tools on the left side of those.

1 comment:

  1. Best greetings Nadia, maybe this article by James Harrod will help explain the diversity of lithic materials you are finding.

    https://www.academia.edu/11932640/Note_on_the_Oldowan_Playground_at_Heitugou_Nihewan_Basin_China._v3_2015_

    ReplyDelete