Tuesday, January 24, 2012

From the point of view of an artist




An artist, this is what I am. And a picture framer and a French instructor. I am open to beauty.
From this standpoint alone, these rocks would commend careful attention. I am, each time, amazed by the creativity in them. These were not done by " primitive people".
There is intelligence and sophistication.
Like this bird. The first that I found 3 dimensional. Other bird images are on one side of a stone, the carving of something else on the other side.To my amazement this one had a well defined tail with a different color than the body and because of a groove under its belly, this bird could sit comfortably on my finger.
We have found, since then, a good number of rocks with a slight curve under them which help to do the same thing- if they were meant to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment